Team Building For Success
At Open Door Adventure North Wales
As an accredited centre for The Margerison-Mcann Team Management Systems (TMS), Open Door Adventure designs Team Building Events & Management Programmes that are tailored to your requirements but focussed on maximising personal potential, building balanced high performing teams and creating energy and resilience for success.
Dave Orange the Director has had 25 Years of Experience in Leadership Development and Team Building Programs. He has led and been involved in 35 Worldwide Expeditions including 10 trips to the Himalayas. He is a people’s man and is only a telephone call away.
At Open Door Adventure, our Team Building Programmes are based on the John Adair “Action-Centred Leadership” model.
Our programmes are about maximising individuals so that they can become the best they personally can be – and this in turn is represented by Adair’s ‘three circles’ diagram, which illustrates Adair’s three core management responsibilities:
- Achieving the task
- Managing the team or group
- Managing individuals
At Open Door we provide a range of outdoor pursuits activity programmes which include team building “brain-engaging” exercises.
- Our programmes are about personal development and building teams that excel and strive for success. We focus on inspiring groups of workers to communicate and work together.
- We recognise the importance of relevant technical expertise & qualifications (hard skills) but our focus is on enabling individuals and team to consider their personal skills in the context of the people and resources they manage (soft skills).
- We simulate real tasks where team roles are developed and nurtured through experiential learning – learning through doing, then reflecting and adapting to change the way we work.
- Our programmes are bespoke and tailored to your specific Aims & Objectives.
- Our activities determine the strong points in an individual’s personality but also raise self-awareness of areas for personal improvement.
- Our activities are fun and motivational.
Open Door activities and exercises are designed to develop your team to work effectively as part of a group and the outcomes we deliver are as follows
- Planning & Preparation – The 5 P’s “Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance”. We graphically demonstrate the importance to team members by getting them to thoroughly engage in this to achieve the tasks set
- Clear communication – Among all team members through learning the importance of listening and effective communication. Learning the importance of delivering information with clarity, logic, accuracy, relevance, conciseness whilst communicating with other team members within the organisation
- Positive working relationships among all team members – Nurturing trust within the team, support of one to another member, collaboration and shared responsibility. Importance of respecting differences, tolerance and inclusiveness
- Problem solving by a group – Developing the importance of inclusivity, personal roles, commitment to one another and the project. Identifying the problem, identifying the best solution and adapting to unexpected change. Facilitating and encouraging the team to commit – not just delivering a task – but implementing the solution they have identified
- Goal focus – timely hand off from team members to others to ensure a project keeps moving in the right direction